AN EVOLUTIONARY APPROACH TOWARDS 2030:
We take an evolutionary step-by-step approach by integrating carbon neutrality into the Alcomex strategy. Our goals are in line with the agreements of the Paris Climate Agreement. We aim for an annual reduction of 5% in the CO2 footprint for the Alcomex Group. It defines the next steps.
- How: Carbon neutrality is achieved by calculating our carbon footprint2 and reducing it to zero through a combination of internal efficiency measures and by supporting external emission reduction projects
- Measurement: Collect data for all companies and calculate CO2 emissions.
- Define: Define which part of Alcomex we want to make CO2 neutral over time (pros and cons).
- Goal: focus on becoming CO2 neutral per company by achieving net zero emissions.
- Reduce: Achieve internal emissions reductions, for example through energy efficiency programs.
- Communicate: Communicate a clear and credible story about the climate actions to all stakeholders and ensure a thorough follow-up of the results.
PLANS AND ACTIONS:
Although we have an evolutionary approach, we have already started mapping Alcomex’s carbon footprint in 2019 for all companies in 2018, 2019 and 2020. There are already plans to reduce this.
ALREADY DONE: PLANTING TREES!
Measuring the Alcomex CO2 emissions for 2019 was done with the tools of Climate Neutral Group. They published a progress report for 2019, after which Alcomex offset 2019 CO2 emissions by planting 6,800 trees in Spain and Texas, in partnership with ‘Land Life Company’ (landlifecompany.com), an organization with a mission to protect 2 billion hectares of degraded land. to restore land in the world by planting trees to convert CO2 into forests and remove carbon from the atmosphere.
We understand that there is much to do and achieve, but we are glad we embarked on the Alcomex Climate Journey with expert support! Create, measure, plan, improve and implement awareness! We invite you to join us and realize this new sustainable economy together.